The department's size allows only for the admission of students whose interests match the expertise of the faculty.
Please review the faculty's research interests and determine whether the program meets your needs.
Students are required to begin in the fall semester for proper course sequencing.
Students applying for admission to the graduate program are asked to submit the following directly to the Department of Political Science:
- A completed application for admission
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- The OFFICIAL results of the GRE, taken within the last three years
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty who are familiar with the applicant's work
- If English is the second language, OFFICIAL test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are required
- An application fee of $70
The deadline for receipt of completed applications by the department is February 1.
Rice will send a notification of acceptance no later than April 1.